September 25, 2011

Social Networks

According to Wikipedia there are almost 200 social network sites to subscribe to. Granted they probably do not all apply to you but I am willing to bet some of you will follow the link and see which network you missed. I am have to wonder how many social networks do we need and how "in touch"are we really staying with each other if we spend all of our time updating the networks we have subscribed to? And with all the networks available, how come I can't find one that does it all (if you have, please let me know!).

What would a network be that does it all? For me that network would have to allow me to access everything from one place. So I need a place that allows me to have my e-mail, facebook, blog and more all accessible from one location. Google+ is almost there. I need to have my blog tabbed across the top and that might make me happy, for now.

If I had all of this in one place could I give up all the other sites? Would others follow suit or would I be hung out there by myself...alone in one site land? Would my facebook friends come check me out or forget about me because they couldn't reach me on their wall with their limited amount of time? Would it be social suicide to have only one location for people to find you? Am I the only one that desires the simplicity of one stop shopping in my social life?

You know you want to look, you just have to...just remember to leave some time in your life for yourself!

3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Author Central and now following! One stop social network would be amazing. Facebook has made a lot of people mad this week and Google+ looks promising. See ya around the networks! ;-)

    Sylvia
    http://writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be in favor of just one social network location. I have a couple, but nothing too crazy. I refuse to be lured to all that are available. It's important to know one's limitations. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sylvia and Cynthia. I appreciate the comments. I don't have time for all the social networks people keep thinking I belong in. Add me in Google+ if you are interested and Thanks a lot for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete