June 27, 2012

The Liebster Blog Award







The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers and Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

The rules:

1.Each person must post 10 facts about themselves
2.Answer 10 questions the tagger has given you and give 10 questions for the people you’ve tagged.
3.Choose 10 people and link them in your post.
4.Tell them you’ve tagged them.
5.Remember, no tag backs.

Okay. Wow. Ten facts about me:
1. I LOVE to sleep! My dreams are the most amazing and are like watching movies in my head all night. I never know where I am going to go, who I will be or what kind of cool stuff I will get into. Even the nightmares are amazing.
2. I am a movie fanatic! My kinds have this standing order that they are to put Feature Presentation on my grave stone. They are my two favorite words in the world. Of course you never hear that anymore, but when I grew up you watched all kinds of previews and then they said: And now for our Feature Presentation. Awesome.
3. All I ever wanted out of life was a porch you could sit on and watch the rain without getting wet and an island in my kitchen. I still have neither. Someday.
4.I love my family and am a compound kind of person. I want some land and each kid gets a house and the back doors all face in to each other and create a huge shared patio area with a pool and hot tub. Then we see each other every day, but have our seperate lives as well.
5.I am a travelholic, a gypsy or a nomand. Take your pick. I love to go to new places and see new things. I don't like to stay in one place for too long. Don't mind having a home base. But like to go places.
6. I hate to read outloud because to me my voice sounds stupid. I can talk in public all day, just don't ask me to read.
7.I love the water. The ocean, a pool, hot tub, water fall. I love water.
8.I wouldn't mind living in a hut on the beach. Of course I would prefer a nice house with a great porch to watch the ocean, but I would settle for a hut just to live at the beach.
 9. I love Wavy Lays potato chips best. Especially with some pico de gallo! And a glass of milk. Yummy.
10. I am afraid to write some of the things my brain comes up with. Probably would be best sellers, but not my cup of tea. It creeps me out that my mind could go there. That was why I never tried drugs when I was growing up. The monsters in my head are too scary to be unleashed by LSD or some other crap!


Questions asked of me:
1. How long have you been blogging for? Just since my book House On Butcher Harbor came out.
2. Why did you start up a blog?
Because I had just self-published a book and wanted to get the word out. 
3. What has been your weirdest experience with blogging? People not leaving comments. I leave comments on everything I read. I am blown away by the number of people who don't comment on anything, good or bad.
4. What is your favourite book? The Andromeda Strain. I realized this when Ray Bradbury died and it made me wonder what book would I be if I had to or could be a book. I would want to be this book.
5. Who is your favourite author? So many. I always thought it was Steinbeck, but since Andromeda is my favorite book I guess I would have to say that Michael Crichton.
6. What do you want to be when you grow up/what is your profession? My day job is actually a night job. I pull third shift at a convenience store. I have always wanted to be and an now a writer. It just isn't paying the bills right now.
7. How many books do you think you might have? I get new ideas for books in everything I do everyday. For instance we visited a cave you toured in a boat and by the middle of the tour I had outlined to my son an entire novel based on this cave. Or people walk into the store to buy something and I get a certain vibe from them and can build an a novel around that. It drives my family crazy.
8. Do you prefer reading a proper book or a ebook? I prefer a paperback book over an e-reader, but you can carry around a lot more books on an ereader if you are say going on vacation.So both have their merits. Plus ebooks are cheaper to buy so you can buy more books! Except that there are no .25 yard sale ebooks for sale that I am aware of.
9. If you could choose to live one character's life in a book, who would it be?
Oh I would have to be Claire Templeton. Then I would be in line to marry the handsome and amazing Deputy Dogg!10. If you were stranded on a desert island what 10 items would you want to have with you?
My husband, my two boys and their girls.My laptop, camera, cell phone, food, and an unlimited battery or charging supply! Yes, I would need to be dialed in.

Her are my nominees:
http://authoradduling.blogspot.com
http://bookblogs.ning.com/profiles/profile/show?id=SageAdderley
http://swansandcygnets.blogspot.com
http://notpeppery.blogspot.com
http://ultrachick.blogspot.com
http://rhepoems.blogspot.com
http://nlkamper.blogspot.com
http://liveonmission.blogspot.com
http://mel121.blogspot.com
http://margie-miller.blogspot.com
Good Luck to everyone!

3 comments:

  1. So...what are your ten questions for me? I enjoyed reading your answers to your questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMgosh, I forgot that part. Give me until Monday when I am off work and I will get you some awesome questions! Congrats on nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. What is your blog about?
    2. Who is your target audience?
    3. What time of day do you usually blog?
    4. Do you blog on a schedule people know about or expect?
    5. How long do you think you will be blogging?
    6. Do you have afavorite commenter? If so, tell is why.
    7. Have you ever kept a journal? Does blogging now replace that journal if you had one?
    8. Would you encourage others to blog?
    9. Who is your muse?
    10. Tell us why you should win this award.
    Post your answers here and on your site. Thank you for your patience.

    ReplyDelete