July 22, 2012

Focus

I am taking a free 12 week course called Intentional Blogging by Jeff Goins. (You too can join here:  Goinswriter.com.)

This weeks course is on focus. My blog has not had a focus since I started it. I originally started the blog to talk about my book. And I have to admit I should do this since this is my books site, but I think people get tired of hearing me, me, me, more about me, oh did I mention me? So I believe the blog needs to have another focus as well.

For me, my passion is helping others who have the desire to be a writer embrace that and become the writer they always thought they could be. So my focus will be on teaching people how to write better, how to get published the indie way and how to FEEL like the writer they always wanted to be. I can do this by mentoring new writers- Like the amazing Alyssa Hottinger; getting others to guest blog about helping writers; and by giving as much information as I can about how to be that writer TODAY!

Yippie. I am so excited about this course and about my new direction. Thanks Jeff!

2 comments:

  1. Sharon Cornell KeyesJuly 25, 2012 at 3:22 PM

    Lisa, I think this is terrific! Being a mentor is such a wonderful thing...people trying to become and do something they always had a passion for and getting help. What a great thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon. I am enjoying this so much. I hope to meet more people and showcase them here for everyone to get to know them. New writers need encouragement. We give up so easily. We doubt too much. I am very excited and hope more people join the writers group.

    ReplyDelete