October 17, 2012

Cover is killing me...

Ok so I sent an e-mail to createspace saying I wanted to use the cover even though they said my live image is outside the trim line. They got back to me late last night. It seems that the bottom portion of my R on Butcher would be cut off. UGH!!! I thought it was just part of the house. Who cares about that. No it is the title in the trim line.

So I download Gimp2 which I have no idea how to use and after hours- like 12 or more- I finally moved the whole cover over about an 1/8th of an inch and resubmitted. In the preview my entire title is clear of the zone, but I run the risk of the 1/8 inch showing up blank on the end of the cover. Worth a try to see what happens in review. I have prepared myself for tears when the book arrives and I didn't need to make the change and now the cover is a mess.

I may just make my own cover next time. If I just had good artwork for it. But I am a writer, not an artist. I could just cry. It is so exhausting, but I am not giving up. I know what I want and I will get it no matter how long it takes to get it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment